Head of Modern Foreign Languages
Aldar Academies are seeking an outstanding Head of Modern Foreign Languages for Al Yasmina Academy commencing August 2018.
The main purpose of the role is to provide professional leadership and management for the department in order to secure high quality teaching and learning, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students. Previous leadership experience is essential; experience of teaching IB DP is desirable.
The school provides high quality education from the ages of 11 to 18 and follows the English National Curriculum, with an international dimension, in Years 7 to 9. In Years 10 and 11 students complete their I/GCSE qualifications and in Years 12 and 13 study the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB DP) Programme.
The successful candidate will able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. Also, possess energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage, enthuse and motivate our learners.
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions
- Tax Free Salary
- Fully furnished accommodation
- Medical insurance and Air Fare
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- Bachelors of Education in MFL or BA Degree in MFL with PGCE and minimum of 6 years teaching experience
- Strong experience teaching English National Curriculum and the IB Curriculum
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their passport, education certificates and police clearance to complete the on-line application process. On CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal.
Related Jobs (16)
Maths Department Learning Support Assistant, Essex on 20/05/2018 Full Time